We’re very excited to announce that our programme of over 55s outdoor walks are back – all with social distancing – in various parks across Barnet! – Walks with Age UK Barnet
‘Walking in green spaces gives a real boost to your physical and mental wellbeing,’ says Wendy Nutman, who is running Age UK Barnet’s walking programme. ‘Even a gentle walk improves your strength in later life, especially for those living with a health condition. And you can make new friends!’
- Improve your social life
- Enhance your mood and increase your confidence
- Maintain good balance and coordination
- Keep your joints flexible, reducing the risk of falls
- Support management of health conditions
You probably don’t need any more reasons to come along to one of our walks!!
So why not try out one of the four walks we have launched so far. All fitness levels welcome.
Group numbers are limited and in line with current government guidelines so booking is essential!
Walks free, but donations welcome!
Walking groups in Barnet
1) Friary Park, North Finchley – 10am-11am Mondays, followed by optional tea in the café afterwards.
Meet at the Torrington Park entrance nearest to Ashurst Road. N12 9AJ
2)Northway Gardens & Lyttleton Playing Fields – 10.30-11.30am Mondays (restarting 28 June).
Meet at the corner of Northway & Litchfield Way NW11 (by benches at H2 bus stop)
3) Dollis Valley Greenwalk – 10.30am-11.30am Tuesdays
Meet at 10.30am by the mapboard at the entrance to Brook Farm Open Space, Totteridge Lane (located downhill from the entrance to Totteridge and Whetstone underground station) N20 9QX
4) Silkstream Park/Montrose Playing Fields – 10.30am-11.30am Wednesdays
Meet in front of Unitas Barnet Youth Zone building inside park – Montrose Ave, Edgware HA8 0DT
5) Stephens House and Gardens – 10.30-11.30am Fridays (lasts 40-60 mins) followed by optional refreshments in local café afterwards
10.30am – meet at Stephens House Cafe, 17 East End Road, Finchley N3 3QE
6) Oakhill Park – 2pm-3pm Fridays, followed by optional refreshments in local café afterwards
Meet at Oak Hill Park car park (Parkside Gardens, East Barnet, EN4 8JP)
Want to become a walking volunteer to lead one of our new social walks? We provide all training and it’s a great way to meet people and stay fit. Click here for more details about becoming a walking volunteer.
Contact us or book a place
For more information about joining a walk or becoming a walking volunteer, call Wendy on 020 8432 1421 or email email@example.com