What is Universal Credit (UC) full service?

UC is part of the government’s wider welfare reform plans. It replaces the following six working-age benefits into a single household benefit payment:

  • Jobseeker’s Allowance (Income based)
  • Employment & Support Allowance (income based)
  • Working Tax Credit
  • Housing Benefit
  • Income Support
  • Child Tax Credit

One of the biggest changes with UC is that housing costs (previously called ‘Housing Benefit’) are paid directly by the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) to residents as part of the monthly UC payment. This means you will have to pay your full rent to the council.

When will it affect me?

UC will become active across the borough of Barnet in May 2018.

How can you claim UC?

Visit gov.uk/universal-credit to apply for and maintain your UC claim online.