Barnet Homes provides short-term, emergency temporary accommodation (ETA) to customers when they become homeless.

We also work with other forms of temporary accommodation, including:

  • Private sector leased properties
  • Hostels
  • Housing Association properties
  • Non-secure tenancies on regeneration estates.

This section contains advice and information about the different kinds of temporary accommodation. It covers:

Emergency temporary accommodation (ETA)

What is ETA; and when will a person be offered ETA?

Your responsibilities in ETA

Information on rent and bills; what to do when you leave ETA for more than 7 days; and further responsibilities.

If you have a problem in ETA

What to do if you have a problem with repairs; and what to do if you are unhappy with ETA.

Other forms of temporary accommodation

Information about other forms of temporary accommodation; and contact numbers for if you have a problem.

An update about the regeneration estates

Answers to common questions about the regeneration estates; and an update on the regeneration process.