We carry out equality analysis of our policies, procedures, and practices. These assessments ensure that:
- Our approaches do not have a negative or adverse impact upon some groups;
- The different needs of the community and particular groups are considered;
- We comply with the law related to equality and diversity;
- We reduce inequalities and identify opportunities to create equal opportunities; and
- We improve our decision-making and support more inclusive and cohesive communities.
By completing Equality Impact Assessments (EIAs) we can ensure that all of our activities further the aims of the General Equality Duty to advance equality by:
- Eliminating unlawful discrimination, harassment, and victimisation;
- Advancing equality of opportunity between people who share a protected characteristic under the Equality Act 2010 and those who do not; and
- Fostering good relations between people who share a protected characteristic and those who do not.