Our Housing Options service provides housing advice and support to Barnet residents who are homeless or at risk of becoming homeless. We provide this service on behalf of the London Borough of Barnet (Barnet Council). Our first priority is to help customers to stay in their current home. If this is not an option, we will help customers look for an alternative home.
We manage all applications for housing in Barnet on behalf of Barnet Council. We only help customers with rehousing where they meet certain criteria and a need for housing assistance has been identified – this is called a ‘housing need’. If we do not identify that you need our assistance, we will signpost you to other organisations that can help.
If you are a member of a public body, click below to refer a service user:
The Homelessness Reduction Act (HRAct), introduces a new duty to refer for specified public bodies. The new duty, which will come into force 1st October 2018, requires public authorities to notify local authorities of service users who may be homeless or threatened with homelessness within 56 days. Before making a referral the public authority must:
- have the individual’s consent that the referral is made; and,
- allow the individual to identify the local authority to which they would like the referral to be made.
If you are a former member of the armed service:
The Homelessness Reduction Act introduced a new homelessness advice and information duty, which includes a requirement to provide advice designed to meet the needs of people who are former members of the regular armed services. Veterans can access services through the Veterans Gateway, an online service. You can also phone 0808 802 1212.
Within the Gateway a housing specialist service is in touch with veteran housing providers and provides up-to-date information on vacancies within their stock. On their website you can also find advice from a range of organisations covering issues such as employment, finances, housing, mental wellbeing, and physical health.
If you are likely to become homeless it is important that you contact us as soon as possible. The earlier you get in touch, the sooner we can provide advice to help you.
How to contact us
- Phone: 020 8610 3539 (Open 9am – 5pm Monday to Friday). Outside of these hours, if it’s an emergency you can call 020 8359 2000.
- Email: email@example.com
- Housing Options has moved to an appointment-only system. You can only ‘drop in’ to Barnet House if you are homeless on the day.
- Address: Barnet House, 1255 High Road, Whetstone, London N20 0EJ (Open 9am – 4pm Monday – Friday)