Our specialist staff can give you advice and practical help on maintaining your tenancy and living independently – if and when you need it.

Our support team helps tenants who feel they need extra support and have rent arrears, or need advice about a transfer or keeping to the tenancy agreement.

Who we can support

Some tenants ask for extra support because they have:

  • been in hospital
  • recently taken up the tenancy
  • have financial problems
  • learning or physical disability, or mental health problems.

Types of housing support

Our support includes:

  • help with claiming benefits and budgeting
  • support to help keep to the tenancy agreement
  • help with furnishing your home
  • help to access social and leisure activities
  • help with finding training or employment
  • help to deal with other agencies, for example, the Benefits Agency
  • support and information about moving
  • practical advice on daily living tasks.

It does not include healthcare or social care, such as cooking, cleaning and gardening, or meals on wheels.

Social Care Services for Adults can be found on Barnet Council’s website.

Find out more

More information is available in our Housing Support leaflet.

If you feel you need our help, please contact us or ask someone to contact us on your behalf.

What happens next

We will arrange for a member of staff to meet you at home or one of our offices to discuss the help you need.

If we can help you, we will look to agree a support plan with you. We will then continue to check you are getting the support you need.