If you’re renting in the private sector and your landlord wants to increase your rent, the rules for rent increases depend on what type of tenancy you have.

Seek advice

If your landlord has contacted you to tell you that they’re going to increase your rent, you should seek advice.

Call Barnet Citizens Advice Bureau on 0808 250 5708, call the housing law charity Shelter on 0344 515 1540, or contact us on 020 8610 3539.

For more information

For more information on the rules of rent increases, click here for Shelter – the housing law charity’s website. Alternatively, click here to go to Gov.uk.