We will be updating this page with our latest Major Works schedule shortly. We apologize for any inconvenience caused.
- This programme is subject to change without prior notice
- All works are subject to further detailed survey to establish the exact year of replacement
- All works are subject to budget availability
- The programme is subject to further amendments due to:
- Priority Health & Safety or other emergency works being required
- a change in legislation resulting in other work taking priority.
- Properties subject to a Right to buy application may be removed from the programme
- Barnet Homes will contact all residents prior to works commencing, with more detailed information including
- Commencement date
- Duration of works
- Leasehold / Freeholder costs
|Estimated average cost range of works per flat|
|External Repair and redecoration||£2,000||~||£5,000|
|Fire safety work||£3,000||~||£8,000|
|Electrical rising mains||£3,000||~||£20,000|
|Water tank replacement||£700||~||£800|
The work will concentrate on two areas:
We want to do all we can to reduce fire risks and ensure that residents’ homes are as safe as possible.
We spend a lot of money on ‘quick fix’ roof repairs. Replacing more roofs will result in long-term savings, freeing up money for other modernisation work.
Residents will also be formally notified in advance of works that may affect them.
The 2012-17 five-year investment programme follows the completition of our Decent Homes programme in the spring of 2011.
Overall more than £185million was invested in improving more than 8,000 properties, including new windows, kitchens, roofs and electrical works.