What is Universal Credit (UC) full service?
UC is part of the Government’s wider welfare reform plans. It replaces the following six working-age benefits into a single household benefit payment:
- Jobseeker’s Allowance (income based)
- Employment & Support Allowance (income based)
- Working Tax Credit
- Housing Benefit
- Income Support
- Child Tax Credit
You can used the entitled to calculator to see which benefits are available to you.
Who will it affect?
- Those at least 16 years old but less than the qualifying age for Pension Credit (different for men and women)
- Those who are not in full time education
- Those who have capital under £16,000
- This is not an exhaustive list. Please see gov.uk/state-pension-age to use the eligibility checker.
When will it affect me?
UC will become active across the Borough of Barnet from 16th May 2018 onwards.