Your estimate and actual service charges are broken down into a number of categories under two main headings:
- Estate costs: the fee we collect to maintain the grounds of your estate.
- Estate maintenance and repair
- Grounds maintenance e.g. cost of grass cutting
- Estate caretaking e.g. litter picking outside areas
- Estate lighting e.g. costs of outdoor lights for paths or staircases
- Block costs: the fee we collect to maintain your block.
- Block and maintenance repair e.g. a repair to the front door of a block
- Lift maintenance and repair e.g. the cost of regular service inspections and follow-on repairs.
- Entry phone maintenance and repair
- Window cleaning
- Caretaking e.g. cleaning the stairs
- TV aerial maintenance e.g. maintaining and leasing a shared TV system for your block or building
- Block lighting meter e.g. the cost of electricity for lighting the shared areas of your block
- Central heating fuel meter e.g. the cost of fuel for providing heating and hot water to flats from a communal boiler
In addition to estate and block costs, the other categories on your bill could be:
- Management costs: the fee we collect to cover the costs of managing leasehold, freehold and shared ownership
- g. supervising services and repairs, issuing service charge bills, replying to leaseholder enquiries and maintaining records/systems.
- Most of our leasehold properties are charged a flat rate management fee of £119 a year.
- There is also an additional charge made at 24.5% for any costs above £50, excluding charges for ground rent and insurance.
- Insurance: All leasehold properties are covered by buildings insurance which is arranged by the London Borough of Barnet, the premium is included in your service charge bill. Please click herefor more information or visit the relevant page by clicking here.
- Ground rent: If you have a right to buy (RTB) lease, the ground rent you must pay each year is £10. All other leases specify different amounts of ground rent which must be paid, so please check your lease for this information.
Please note: not all of the above services may be applicable to your estate or block, please check your lease to find out which services are available.