Barnet Council are supporting the Cost of Living Crisis, and have  opened a Barnet Resident Support Fund

The Barnet Resident Support Fund (BRSF) is financial support for Barnet residents who are struggling to afford household essentials such as paying for food, energy bills and meet other living costs.

Who can apply 

To apply for the (BRSF) you must meet the relevant criteria for where you live, your financial situation and your age. 

You can apply if you are:

  • aged 16 or older 
  • a Barnet resident living in the area for at least 6 weeks
  • moving into Barnet from an institution such as a hospital, care home or prison, or fleeing violence, domestic or international and have a local connection to the area

To apply you must also be receiving a qualifying benefit such as:

  • Universal Credit
  • Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance (JSA)
  • Income-related Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
  • Income Support Pension Credit
  • Child Tax Credit or Working Tax Credit 
  • recently come off a qualifying benefit because you’ve started work and are waiting to be paid