This section contains advice and information on common housing problems, including:

Rent arrears

What to do if you have rent arrears, and links to groups who offer advice.

Financial support and benefits

How to apply for financial support, how to claim your full benefit entitlement, and understanding benefit changes.

Rent increases

What to do if your private landlord intends to increase your rent.

Tenancy deposit issues

About tenancy deposits, and claiming your deposit at the end of your tenancy.


What to do if your property is in disrepair.

Your rights to stay in your home

Information on evictions and notice periods, and links to groups who offer advice on your legal rights.

If you need advice or information on a housing issue, you can call us on 020 8610 3539.