You may be eligible to reduce your Council Tax bill by up to 100% if you’re on a low income or claim benefits.

You can apply if you own your home, rent, are unemployed or working.

What you get depends on:

  • your circumstances (eg income, number of children, benefits, residency status)
  • your household income – this includes savings, pensions and your partner’s income
  • if your children live with you
  • if other adults live with you

Council Tax Reduction (sometimes called Council Tax Support) replaced Council Tax Benefit in April 2013.

How to apply

For more information about Council Tax Support, and how to apply, please visit the Barnet Council website here.