You have the right to take in a lodger or subtenant, but you must not:
- sublet the whole of your property and move elsewhere
- create a situation of overcrowding.
If you plan to sublet part of your home, you must first get our permission in writing and give us details of the agreement that you are going to draw up.
Impact of taking in a lodger or subtenant
Please note that if you take in a lodger or subtenant:
- it may affect your housing benefit
- you are responsible for the behaviour of people living with you
- if you decide you want them to leave, you will have to arrange this yourself.
Please contact us so that we can look at how this may affect you.