Admitting to yourself and others that you are experiencing domestic abuse or any other form of abuse can be very difficult, but it is an important step towards getting protection for yourself and any children.
For advice and support about domestic abuse
– Visit the One Stop Shop, a free drop-in advice service for male and female victims of domestic abuse. Click here for full details, or call 020 8359 7386.
– Contact Barnet Solace Advocacy and Support Service on 020 8733 4113, or visit their website by clicking here.
– Call the 24-Hour National Domestic Violence Helpline on 0808 2000 247. It’s open 24/7 and is free you call from a landline or public phone.
– Male victims of domestic abuse can contact the Men’s Advice Line on 0808 801 0327 (9am to 3pm, Monday to Friday).
– More information about support available in Barnet can be found on Barnet Council’s website.
If you are planning on leaving any form of abuse or abuse, please click here for advice about safety planning and a safety packing list.
If you are homeless in an emergency, please call Barnet Homes’ Housing Options service on 020 8610 3539 (Monday – Friday, 9AM – 5pm). If you need to speak to someone outside these hours, please call 020 8080 6587.