It’s Get Online week – 14th – 18th October
Did you know that more than 5 million people have never been online? There’s also millions of people who don’t have the digital skills needed to negotiate life and work online. This means so many of you could be losing out on opportunities like jobs, training, budgeting and better retail deals online because you have little or even no digital skills.
The aim of the Get Online Week campaign is to support organisations who are running events and initiatives to get more people online and also improve their digital skills.
Barnet Homes is running several events this week, where our volunteer Digital Champions will be on hand to help residents get online and understand how to navigate a computer/laptop/smartphone. So if you are local and looking for some help to improve your digital skills, or know somebody who would benefit – pop along to one of the below drop-in sessions.
- Monday 14th: Chipping Barnet (EN5 4QT) 1pm – 4pm
- Tuesday 15th: Colindale Foodbank (NW9 5QY) 11am – 2pm South Friern Library (N10 1HD) 3pm – 7pm
- Wednesday 16th: BOOST Cricklewood (NW2 2DX) 1Oam – 4pm
- Thursday 17th: BOOST Burnt Oak, Burnt Oak Library (HA8 0BU) 9:30am- 12pm West Hendon Community Hub (NW9 7QQ) 1pm- 4pm
- Friday 18th: Barnet JCP (EN5 1AH) 9:30pm- 12 pm Hendon JCP (NW4 1DP) 2pm- 5pm
Get online, you won’t look back!