The older population in the UK is the fastest growing group in society – yet they are still vulnerable to loneliness and social isolation. National Silver Week shines a spotlight on all the activities, events and support older people can access.
In Barnet, working with our partners, Barnet Council, and other organisations like Age UK, Barnet Homes has a packed weeks of events to celebrate Silver Week and the contribution that older people make to our communities
- Tuesday 3 October: our Sheltered Housing Team will be joining Barnet Council and Age at Brent Cross Brent Cross Shopping Centre, Centre Court, Prince Charles Drive, NW4 3FP from 9am to 8pm. Among other things there will be an art exhibition and information on the Council’s Keep Warm and Well scheme.
- Tuesday 3 October: Wise up for Winter event at Friern Barnet with a free lunch! It’s from 12:30am – 2:30pm St John’s Parish Centre, Friern Barnet Road, N11 3EQ. Join Age UK Barnet and Citizens Advice Barnet for talks on falls, prevention, wellbeing, home security and benefits, followed by lunch. Contact: 020 8442 1419
- Wednesday 4 October: Barnet Homes Sheltered Housing will be hosting a lunch at Quiz at Drummond House
- Thursday 5 October: Barnet Homes’ Sheltered Scheme event
- Friday 6 October: Barnet Homes’ Fish and Chip Lunch at a Sheltered Scheme event
If you would like more information Silver Week events taking place in Barnet, please click on the below link!