The BILS staff are very experienced and offer a proactive approach to:
- responsible risk taking
- risk assessment.
No referral is for life – that’s our philosophy. It’s a time-limited intervention where people:
- gain the skills and confidence to organise their own lives
- take part in activities of their choice
- learn skills to support independent living
- gain the confidence to no longer require our services.
Our support covers three main themes.
Rehabilitation and enablement
We can offer advice and information on particular health conditions and disabilities to help people lead a more independent life.
We also offer advice on home Telecare options, using sensors and other technology. These give our service users peace of mind that they will receive fast and effective help if they get into any difficulties at home.
We help people access a range of sports and leisure services, whether it’s swimming or pottery, yoga or art, photography or healthy eating.
We support individuals in determining their own life – to recognise the skills and abilities they already possess and how these can be adapted to enable further achievement, choice and control.
Our aim is to help people overcome barriers to live life to the full.
This may include:
- support to move home
- travel training and other daily living skills
- introduction to British Sign Language
Employment and training
We can offer support needed to help people enter the workplace or volunteer in a safe environment, including help to:
- access training or a college course
- develop IT skills
- improve CVs
- guide people through the interview process.
To find out if BILS can help you or a family member please contact us today.
We can support people from their home, in the community or at our Resource Centre in Colindale – it’s entirely up to them!