On Monday 20th March 2017 we celebrated the official launch of Opendoor Homes as a Registered Provider.
At Basing Way, we will be building 14 new homes on the site of under-used garages.
Pictured, from left to right:
- Derek Rust, Deputy CEO The Barnet Group
- Jeff Baker, Opendoor Homes Board Member
- Sharon Slotnick, Chair of Opendoor Homes Board
- Terry Rogers, Chair of The Barnet Group
- Councillor Richard Cornelius, Leader of Barnet Council
- Councillor Graham Old, Ward Councillor for Finchley Church End
- Paul Shipway, Strategic Housing Lead for London Borough of Barnet
Opendoor Homes will deliver an initial 320 homes for affordable rent for Barnet residents. These new homes will be owned and managed by Opendoor Homes, a subsidiary of The Barnet Group, which is wholly owned by Barnet Council. The new build programme is funded with a loan of up to £65m from Barnet Council.
By May 2017 building work is expected to commence on a number of schemes on infill sites in the borough, with the initial 320 homes due for completion by the summer of 2020.