Board Member appointments
Non-independent Board Members are replaced every three years via an application process. Applicants are appointed by a subset of the Board. Their role is to bring their particular experience to the Board to add decision making.
Independent Board Members are appointed for three year periods and can be reappointed twice. Members are appointed via an application process and appointed by a subset of the Board. Appointments are generally linked to specific skills the Board is seeking.
London Borough of Barnet Member appointees (not the Chair) are appointed annually via the Council’s AGM process.
The Chair is appointed by The London Borough of Barnet for a three year period via an application process.
Co-optees can be appointed to the Board to supplement skills
Role of the Boards
The Boards are responsible for
- monitoring operational and budgetary performance
- setting the strategic direction of the company
- identifying new business opportunities
As well as the board meetings, the Group has three Committees that meet throughout the year, these are:
- The Audit & Risk Committee
- The Governance and Remuneration Committee
- Performance Advisory Group (Resident Board)