If DOV leaseholders opt to replace their own door they should still seek planning permission and provide details of their chosen door to Barnet Homes to ensure that it will meet the requirements of the fire safety programme. It is advisable that planning permission and Barnet Homes consideration be sought prior to taking steps to purchase their door.
- ERMs – Leaseholders will be required to provide evidence that their flat internal electrical installation is in a safe and satisfactory condition prior to the switchover date when the works have been completed and the flats are to be reconnected to the new mains supply.
If this is not provided prior to the electrical switchover and there are any concerns regarding the safety of your electrical installation there is a risk that your flat may not be reconnected to the new supply.
The documentation that will be required will be one of the following:-
- An Electrical Installation Condition Report or Periodic Inspection Report – (must be ‘satisfactory’ and be in date)
- An Installation Certificate – this will suffice where a full rewire has been carried out within the last 10 years.
The report needs to cover the installation as a whole and not just the replacement of individual items such as the consumer unit.
Barnet Homes are not able to recommend contractors to its resident but if you require further guidance you may choose to contact one of the following organisations.
- The electrical Safety Council Helpline
- Tel: 020 3463 5100
- Website: http://www.esc.org.uk/industry/about-us/what-we-do/
An excellent resource for impartial guidance on selecting an electrical engineer for electrical works and electrical reporting
- The National Inspection Council for Electrical Installation Contracting
- Tel: 0870 013 0382
- Website: http://www.niceic.com/
To check the credentials of NICEIC registered electrical contractors. You will be able to check that your chosen contractor is properly registered and be able to see a list of other approved contractors.