Secure Tenant Options

Secure Tenant Options2017-03-10T10:33:16+00:00

Emergency exit

If you are a Barnet Homes secure tenant, what are your Housing Options?

If you think you are experiencing domestic violence or abuse, Barnet Homes can support you in the following ways:

  • Within 24 hours, we will offer you an interview with a housing officer, or a female housing officer, at a time and place to suit you.
  • We will provide help, advice, guidance, options and support.
  • We will work with you and other agencies to get practical help for you and your family.
  • We can increase your security at home through our Sanctuary Scheme.
  • We can offer information and advice on your Housing Options.
  • We will take legal action against a tenant who is guilty of domestic violence.
  • We can help you move to another North London Borough (Enfield, Haringey, Westminster, Islington or Camden) through the North London Domestic Violence (DV) and Violence against Women and Girls (VAWG) Reciprocal Agreement.
  • We can put you in touch with other supportive services such as women’s aid organizations, the Barnet Solace Advocacy and Support Service, or the nearest police domestic violence unit. They can give you confidential support and advice.
  • Depending on the outcome of a risk assessment and other checks, we may be able to apply for a Management Transfer, to move you from one Barnet Homes property to another.

Emergency exit