Dear Mr Phillips,

Thank you for your request dated 17 February 2024, asking for information that we hold as follows:

  1. Who is responsible for the RTB scheme in Barnet?

Barnet Homes Neighbourhood administration team currently receives, processes and manages Right To Buy applications on behalf of the London Borough of Barnet.


  1. I would like to know the name & role of the person in Barnet homes that is currently responsible for lifting restrictions of a property & providing consent to remove a restriction?

This is a legal process and not directly managed by Barnet Homes. Barnet Homes provides consent to our legal representatives, HB Public Law, to remove restrictions that are no longer relevant. William Hammond, Senior Housing Officer, currently provides this consent when requested to do so by HB Public Law.


  1. I would like to know how to contact this person directly or make an appointment to see this person. 

If you would like to make an appointment to see a member of staff please contact or on 020 8080 6587 unless a member of staff is already directly dealing with an issue. Regarding removing a restriction, this is a legal process and as such, William Hammond would not make an appointment to discuss this as the matter is dealt with by Barnet Homes’ legal representatives, HB Public Law. William Hammond has no input other than to provide consent for HB Public Law to action the removal of a restriction and this is taken on their advice.


  1. I would like to know how long the process takes to receive consent from Barnet to lift a restriction?

This is a legal process and we are unable to advise how long it may take. It would depend on the complexity of the request.


Your Rights

If you are unhappy with the way your request for information has been handled, you can request a review by emailing and marking it as an appeal for the attention of the Data Controller. There is no charge for making an appeal.

After this, if you remain dissatisfied with the handling of your request or complaint, you have the right to appeal to the Information Commissioner:

Kind regards