Here at the Barnet Group, we are grateful for the ongoing support we have received from our contractors year on year, especially with the sponsorship of this year’s awards event and their investment into a new Covid-19 Recovery Fund for the new year, that will assist in supporting our residents and the communities they live in.
This year several of our contractors have gone above and beyond in supporting us and our communities. We would like to thank you all for your time and investment.
This year we recognise and award Vallectric as our Social Value Contractor of the Year.
Like so many of our contractors, they have provided financial assistance to support the most in need but have also exceeded our expectations with their social value commitment by;
- Appointing one of our very own young people from Barnet onto a 4-year electrical apprentice
- Working with their supply chain of local businesses to provide a combined £7.5k investment into our new Covid-19 Recovery Fund
- Engaging with us to offer more employment opportunities to our residents as they arise
- Committing to design and install a new community garden space for residents on one of our estates
- Receiving high levels of satisfaction of their work and their engagement with residents on Upper Fosters and Longford Court estates as they continue to deliver important fire safety works on our behalf
We would like to thank Greg Slater, Jason Oakford and Bob Wilde for their ongoing support and again thank all contractors for their continued investment into communities across Barnet.
After being given the award, Vallectric said: “Vallectric are incredibly proud to have been awarded the Social Value Contractor of the Year 2020, from our valued client Barnet Homes.
After working closely with Barnet Homes’ BOOST team we have delivered on our bid stage commitments and hopefully contributed something tangible back to the Barnet Homes residents. We will continue to strive to improve on our service, whilst always seeking to support those most vulnerable in our society.”
Pictured from left to right: Bob Wilde (Social Value Coordinator / Sales Executive), Greg Slater (Managing Director) and Jason Oakford (Operations Manager)