Dear Mr Davis,
Thank you for your email dated 2 May 2019; we have treated this as a Freedom of Information request. You have asked for the following information:
- In relation to the way that you deal with homeless people in your area do you have a budget for “reconnection”, whereby you will pay for homeless people to get on their feet so to speak and will pay for their travel costs back to a place where they feel they have a connection with and will be better cared for? If so what was the budget attributed to “Reconnection” in the 2018-19 financial year?
- In 2018-19 how many homeless individuals did you provide funding for so that they could travel away from your area to a place of their choice which was inside the UK?
- In relation to the three most expensive travel tickets within the UK please state the cost of the travel ticket and the destination.
- In 2018-19 how many homeless individuals did you provide funding for so that they could travel away from your area to a place of their choice which was outside of the UK? Please provide a list of countries and the numbers that were provided with a ticket to each country?
- For the three most expensive travel tickets outside of the UK please state the cost of the travel ticket and the destination?
Barnet Homes’ response:
In 2018/19 Barnet Homes did not reconnect any homeless persons to an area where they felt more settled. There is not a specific budget allocated for reconnection purposes and each case will be considered to see whether funding can be provided from our homeless prevention fund.
If you are unhappy with the way your request for information has been handled, you can request a review by emailing Talk2Us@barnethomes.org and marking it as an appeal for the attention of the Data Controller.
If you remain dissatisfied with the handling of your request or complaint, you have a right to appeal to the Information Commissioner at: The Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF (telephone: 08456 30 60 60 or 01625 54 57 45; website: www.ico.gov.uk).
There is no charge for making an appeal.
Complaints and Information Manager
020 8359 6379
The Barnet Group
(Incorporating Barnet Homes, Your Choice (Barnet), Opendoor Homes, TBG Flex, and Bumblebee)
Barnet House | 1255 High Road | Whetstone | London | N20 0EJ