Last year Barnet Homes went into partnership with the charity Art Against Knives (AAK) to deliver a programme of work to help young people at risk of violent crime.
Through AAK and its partners, their work is helping young people to access jobs, mentoring, music and physical activity programmes.
They also co-ordinate the very popular nail bars, @Vales Nails, @Dollis Dolls and @NW9 Nails.
AAK are hosting several Pop Up events across Barnet during half-term week from Monday 18th October.
Art Against Knives want to welcome young women and girls, professionals, and the community in general to come along to the events over the half-term week and get involved.
When and where are the pop ups happening?
– Monday 18th @ Vales Nails – from 12pm – Address: 10 Grand Arcade, North Finchley, N12 0EH
– Tuesday 19th @ Dollis Dolls – from 1.30pm – Address: The Rainbow Centre, Dollis Valley, EN5 2UN
– Thursday 21st @ NW9 Nails – from 12pm – Address: Grahame Park Library, The Concourse, Colindale, NW9 5XB
- Refreshments provided
- Meet the team – discuss training and volunteering opportunities
- Have your nails done at the Pop Up Nail Bar by a trained nail technician
- Learn new Nail Art techniques, tips and tricks
- Get involved in Glitter / Festival make up Masterclasses
- Help AAK create a dance video wearing Converse shoes – who are sponsoring our Half Term week as part of their #sparkprogress campaign.
All the events are free and there’s no need to book. If you are a professional who works with young people and would like to make a referral to Art and Against Knives, please follow this link.