Freezing weather is forecast to sweep across much of the country from the evening of Friday 14th December onwards.
Although much of the extreme weather conditions are not expected to reach London – periods of freezing rain are still predicted to effect most regions.
This will potentially cause:
• Possible travel delays on roads stranding some vehicles and passengers
• Possible delays or cancellations to rail and air travel
• Some rural communities could become cut off
• Power cuts may occur and other services, such as mobile phone coverage, may be affected
• A chance of injuries from slips and falls on icy surfaces
• Bus and train services may be delayed or cancelled, with some road closures and longer journey times possible
• Untreated pavements and cycle paths might be impassable because of black ice
Check on vulnerable family, friends and neighbours
With a cold snap on its way, please take the time to check on any vulnerable, elderly people and see they are keeping warm and well.
There are some tips on keeping warm and well as the Winter season approaches on Barnet Council’s website: Keep warm and well.