Do you have an idea for a business or start-up that’s less than two years old? Would you like the opportunity to win cash prizes and support for your business?
Organised by Middlesex University, Barnet Council and Barnet and Southgate College, the Entrepreneurial Barnet Competition offers students and local entrepreneurs the opportunity to showcase their ideas.
There are three stages to the competition; a quick-fire two minute pitch to a panel of independent judges, creating a business plan and also a head-to-head pitch for those that make it to the final.
To be eligible to compete, you must be either a London Borough of Barnet / Barnet Homes resident, Barnet and Southgate College student or Middlesex University student or alumni, and your business must fall into one of three categories:
- Tech business – entries should have software and/or hardware central to the business value proposition
- Non-tech business – entries should have a value proposition that is not primarily based around technology or software
- Social enterprise / sustainable business – this is defined as a business that has a positive impact on social, community or environmental issues
How to enter
You can register your place for the first pitching stage on one of the following dates:
- Tuesday 22nd January 2019, Brent Cross Shopping Centre, from 3pm to 6pm – click here
- Wednesday 23rd January 2019, Middlesex University’s Hendon Campus, from 11am to 2pm – click here
- Friday 25th January 2019, Barnet and Southgate College, Wood Street, from 12pm to 2pm – click here
Please note that you must register online using one of the above links before arriving at the venue on the day.