With summer temperatures soaring beyond 30 degrees this week, we’d like to remind all residents that gas, charcoal and disposable barbecues are not permitted on balconies at any time as these can pose a serious fire safety risk to both you and your neighbours.
The London Fire Brigade has issued some advice about how you can BBQ safely this summer:
5 ways to stay BBQ safe
- Never use a BBQ – including disposables – indoors or on your balcony.
- Be careful where you position your BBQ – we suggest on level ground, well away from anything flammable like sheds, fences, trees or tents.
- Don’t use petrol, paraffin or any flammable liquids on your BBQ – firelighters are a much safer option.
- Carefully supervise children – little ones can all too easily trip and fall, while older children might hurt themselves trying to help.
- Be pet-aware – dogs (and some cats!) love to snaffle sausages and can cause accidents getting under your feet. To be really safe, keep Fido indoors, or at least out of the immediate vicinity of the BBQ.
Click here to find out more.
Thank you for your co-operation.