This summer, Opendoor Homes completed its biggest construction to date at Gracie House in Prospect Ring, East Finchley.
The 50 new homes were built on a previously underused site, and will
provide much-needed affordable accommodation to families who had an open homelessness case with Barnet Homes.
The construction finished earlier than planned, despite the pressures caused by the Covid-19 pandemic.
Residents safety forms an integral part of the construction.
- Each flat has standalone smoke detectors and sprinklers.
- Each corridor also has sprinklers, and automatic opening vents.
- Specialist consultants RUND have reviewed and spot-checked the fire compliance elements of the build.
To support the surrounding area:
- New trees will be planted in the autumn
- A new play area is being installed for the use of new and existing residents.
- Highways work has taken place to improve road surfaces and lighting
- A new bin store has been installed
We also worked closely with new residents to ensure the move-in process was seamless, and with as little impact as possible on existing residents:
- Lockable skips were provided and monitored, ensuring no fly-tipping or waste dumping took place. A Barnet Homes caretaker was also on-site during the move-in process.
- We staggered new residents moving in to minimise disruption to current residents.
- Staircases and communal areas were protected during the move-in process to keep the communal areas in good order.
The completion of these 50 new homes, earlier than scheduled, shows Opendoor Homes’ commitment to providing good quality homes for Barnet residents.
The view from the top floor of Gracie House