As part of national Volunteers Week (1-7 June 2018) Barnet Volunteers Fair 2018 is happening at the Finchley Arts Depo on Wednesday 6th June from 1pm. It’s free and there’s no need to register!
But what are the benefits of volunteering?
People decide to follow the path of volunteering for many different reasons:
- It’s a brilliant way of becoming more involved in the community around you
- It’s the opportunity to spend quality time on a local project/issue you are passionate about
- To gain confidence of self-esteem
- Building professional experience
- Sharing your own professional experience to improve the potential of a local project or person
That’s just a snap-shot of some of the ways becoming a volunteer. Volunteering can help improve your own personal self-development and well-being (in some cases), as well being a part of improving the community.
To find out more details about volunteering, why not go along to the Volunteers Fair taking place at the Finchley Arts Depo on Wednesday 6th June from 1pm-5pm?
Click here for more information: Barnet Volunteers Fair 2018
More about volunteering in Barnet: Take the Barnet Together quiz!