The Barnet Group, Barnet Homes and Your Choice (Barnet) each have their own Board. In 2013 we began running the Board meetings together to avoid duplication across the different Boards and improve communication, challenge and decision making within the Group. Occasionally a Board might meet by itself if it has an important item to discuss and it does not affect the Group or the other entities within the Group.
The Board Members are as follows:
- Terry Rogers (Chair of The Barnet Group, Barnet Homes and Your Choice (Barnet), appointed by the London Borough of Barnet)
- Troy Henshall (The Barnet Group, Barnet Homes and Your Choice (Barnet))
- Cllr John Marshall (The Barnet Group appointed by the London Borough of Barnet)
- Cllr Ross Houston (The Barnet Group appointed by the London Borough of Barnet)
- Nigel Turner (Your Choice (Barnet) and The Barnet Group, independent)
- Rebecca Toloui (Your Choice (Barnet) carer, non-independent)
- Sharon Slotnick (Barnet Homes and The Barnet Group, independent)
- Jeff Baker (Barnet Homes independent)
- David Atta (Barnet Homes resident, non-independent)
- Angela Purcell (Barnet Homes resident, non-independent)
- Washington Ainabe (Barnet Homes Leaseholder, non-independent)
- Bob Colquhoun (Barnet Homes co-optee)
- Jack Stephens (Barnet Homes)
Board Member appointments
Non-independent Board Members are replaced every three years via an application process. Applicants are appointed by a subset of the Board. Their role is to bring their particular experience to the Board to add decision making.
Independent Board Members are appointed for three year periods and can be reappointed twice. Members are appointed via an application process and appointed by a subset of the Board. Appointments are generally linked to specific skills the Board is seeking.
London Borough of Barnet Member appointees (not the Chair) are appointed annually via the Councils AGM process.
The Chair is appointed by The London Borough of Barnet for a five year period via an application process.
Co-optees can be appointed to the Board to supplement skils
Role of the Board
The Board is responsible for
- monitoring operational and budgetary performance
- setting the strategic direction of the company
- identifying new business opportunities
As well as the Board meetings, the Group has three Committees that meet throughout the year, these are:
- The Audit & Risk Committee
- The Governance and Remuneration Committee
- The Asset Committee