The Barnet Group are very pleased to share that The Group has signed the Time to Change Employer Pledge, and in doing so commit to changing the way we think and act about mental health in the workplace, making sure that employees who face mental health problems feel supported.
Time to Change is an organisation that works to help everyone with a mental health problem to be free of fear and have equal opportunities in all areas of life. It is also a growing movement of people and employers resolving to tackle the stigma of mental health – we are one of 533 organisations that have so far made the pledge.
Time to Change also encourages individuals to make their own pledge; if you’d like to do so, you can become part of the pledge wall here.
This pledge will contribute to making The Barnet Group a great place to work, and in turn, means our staff will be in a better place to serve our customers.
What’s happened so far?
- On 2 February we marked Time to Talk Day with a number of activities focused on supporting staff and promoting good mental health.
- We shared information and positive stories about mental health during Mental Health Awareness Week
- We’ve developed a Time to Change Action plan, which will contribute to our delivery and overall approach to health and wellbeing.
- We have also appointed two mental health champions in the Senior Management Team to help support and drive our approach:
- Executive Management Team – Trudi Kleanthous, Corporate Services Director
- Head of Service – Laura Giles, Head of Policy and Strategy
We are also encouraging staff to discuss mental health in their team meetings.
What happens next?
- We will be sharing resources and other useful information to help provide employees with support.
- We will complete is recruiting volunteers to become trained Mental Health First Aiders.
If you have any queries, or would like to know more, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.