We are an employment, training, advice and well-being service, based in community venues across Barnet. Barnet Group staff are part of the BOOST team, here to help guide you through everything from creating a CV to job searching and interview tips.
Our team has access to new job vacancies every week. Our range of partners can help with overcoming anxiety and gaining confidence, finding childcare, accessing benefits and loads more.
Register now to join over 3,000 Barnet residents who have been helped by BOOST since 2015
Digital and Online Learning
There is a vast amount of online learning available that you can do from your own home. Below are a few links. For digital help and advice email your enquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Make it Click – Provides free courses, tools and templates that you can trust. You can learn new apps, improve the skills you already have and take a positive step forward in your work
- Learn My Way – provides a website of free online courses for beginners, helping you develop digital skills to make the most of the online world
- Alison.com – provides free online courses from the world’s leading experts
- Skills Toolkit – Is a government led skills website that provides Open University course
Adult Community Learning
Barnet and Southgate College provide a range of community courses for adults aged 19 and over that include;
- Arts and Crafts
- Family Learning
- Personal development
- Health and Wellbeing
- Skills for Work/Employability
For the latest list of courses and to register, visit Barnet & Southgate College
Young People and Work
If you or someone you know is aged between 16 and 24 years old, we provide dedicated help to find work, choose a career path or get into training or full-time education. Register with BOOST email@example.com
Interested in an apprenticeship?
The Barnet Group provides apprenticeship opportunities for Barnet residents each year. As well as being paid for working in a real job you will receive training to achieve a Level 2 in Housing and Property Management to gain skills and experience required to work in the housing sector.
For a range of other apprenticeships visit https://www.gov.uk/apply-apprenticeship
- National Careers Service provide information, advice and guidance to help you make decisions on learning, training and work. Or call 0800 100 900.
- Barnet and Southgate College Careers Coach – discover courses and in-demand careers and education based on your interests
Support to Resident Associations & Community Group
If you are a Barnet Homes or Opendoor Homes group that requires capacity building through training or support to help you achieve your group’s objectives, we are here to make sure you have the skills and support you need.
For advice and support click here.