Burglary is a serious issue. Help keep your home and property secure, by following Operation Bumblebee‘s 10 top tips.
- Close and lock all your doors and windows, even if you are only going out for a few minutes
- Keep your valuables out of site
- fit a mortice lock to your front door and other external doors. Consider installing a burglar alarm
- Leave some lights on if it will be dark before you get home
- Do not leave your car keys or ID documents near a door, letterbox or window
- Always check who’s at the door and don’t open it if you feel anxious
- Always keep sheds and outbuildings locked
- Mark or etch your property with your postcode, house or flat number or the first three letters of your house name
- Register items with a serial number at immobilise.com
- Cancel milk or other deliveries if you will be away for days or weeks at a time.
For more information and advice, visit metbumblebee.org, or go to your local police station.
To report a burglary call 101. In an emergency always call 999.