If you have a problem in ETA

If you have a problem in ETA 2015-09-28T15:31:47+00:00


Your accommodation provider is responsible for resolving any repair issues in the property.  If you have a repair issue, contact your accommodation provider in the first instance, using the contact details we have given you. If you are unable to resolve the situation with them, contact us on 0208 359 4797 and we will help to get the problem resolved.

What to do if you are unhappy with ETA

If you believe that you have been made an offer of accommodation which is unsuitable, you may be able to make an appeal. It is important to note that if you refuse what we believe to be a suitable offer of accommodation and your appeal is unsuccessful, we may not assist you any further.

Alternatives to ETA

Due to the nature of ETA, you may want to consider finding your own accommodation. This could be in the private sector or with friends or family.

Moving into affordable private rented accommodation is often a better option than ETA. This is because you will be able to choose the location of private sector accommodation and it may meet more of your preferences. You may be eligible for support in finding private rented accommodation through our Let2Barnet team who you can contact on 0208 239 4761.

Further independent support and advice is available from St Mungo’s Broadway on 020 8446 2504 or Shelter on 0800 800 4444.