We carry out equality analysis on new high level policies and procedures, or when a policy or procedure is changed. These assessments ensure that the different needs of the community are considered and are used to shape our policies and services and also ensure that all activities endeavour to further the aims of the general equality duty.
These duties are to:
- eliminate unlawful discrimination, harassment and victimisation
- advance equality of opportunity between people who share a protected characteristic and those who do not
- foster good relations between people who share a protected characteristic and those who do not.
Protected characteristics under the Equality Act 2010 are:
- gender reassignment
- sexual orientations
- religion or belief
- marriage and civil partnership
- pregnancy and maternity
We also consider the impact on other disadvantaged groups, for example those on a low income or single parents.
You can find out more about recent analysis on:
- mystery shopping
- Complaints/ VIPs/ FOIs: Policies and procedures that cover Barnet Homes and YCB respectively are being reviewed to ensure they are in line with statutory requirements and organisational change.
- translation and interpretation policy
- decorations scheme
- Grahame Park district heating charges
- shape of our workforce.